Happy New Year! We are two days into 2011 and I am pumped and feeling blessed. I’ve heard the question, “What is your New Year’s resolution?” over and over again. I’m not a resolution-making type of person. A lot of people make resolutions that are unattainable, like working out everyday or never eating chocolate until the next year. In years past, I never kept my resolutions and so I stopped making them. But this year, I felt compelled to make a few and I wanted to share them with you.
1) Go to church more consistently. In 2010, there was a major drop-off in my church attendance. I started doing photo shoots on Sundays and, because I was working more, Sunday also became my sleep-in day. Skipping church now and again is fine, but it can turn into a habit of just not going, a habit I intend to break.
2) Attend a young adults life group. This will be a difficult one. I’m naturally shy and introverted, which is why I’ve postponed attending a life group for sometime, but it can be done! I shall overcome my introversion!
3) Become more family oriented. I’m also not naturally family oriented. The biggest problem is that, being an introvert, I like being alone or spending one-on-one time with people. I come from quite a large family, so I typically just avoid them. I adore my family, but when they all come over for dinner, I feel overwhelmed. But, this year, I want to spend more time with them and work on my relationships with them.
4) Go on more adventures. I want to go on more adventures. In 2010, I went on a few adventures, but not near enough. I want to go to Vancouver more. I want to take a trip to Victoria or go on a road trip. I’m not planning on travelling across the world, but I want to go on little adventures here and there.
5) Work on my business, which includes, but is not limited to, working on a website, logo, buying new gear and updating my editing systems.
I am very excited for 2011. God has great things in store for me and I am pumped to fulfill my potential in Christ more than I ever have before. I think this year will have new challenges and obstacles to leap over, but I have a feeling it’s going to be epic.
What about you? What are some of your resolutions for 2011?